Monday, August 9, 2010

Amish Dinner Rolls
















These are some good rolls, let me tell ya. First, they're easy. Second, they're homemade! I always feel like we are going to have a special dinner when I make these. And if you make them for company, they'll be so impressed and delighted! I got these from an Amish cookbook from the library.

2 packages dry yeast

3/4 cup warm water

1/3 cup sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 egg, beaten

1/2 cup butter, melted

3-3.5 cups flour, divided



Preheat oven to 375. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt, egg, butter and 1 cup flour; mix well. Stir in enough four to make a soft dough; mix well. Shape dough into ball. Grease dough, turning to grease all sides. Return to bowl. Cover; let rise until doubled. (This first part takes about 70 minutes, if you want to prepare in advance.)



Punch down and shape into balls; let rise for 30 min. or longer. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Yields about 12 rolls. (Since I put mine in a round pan and have them touch each other, I bake for 20-25 minutes.)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...