Monday, September 6, 2010

Cute Cakes

There are so many cakes books out there these days, and I love them all. But it is only a small percentage of cakes inside that I feel like I can make without tripling the size of my kitchen or adding a commercial oven. I was super excited when I found this book: Birthday cakes for kids by Annie Rigg at my library. The cakes inside are wonderfully adorable and would be a hit at any party . . . but they also won't give the baker a nervous breakdown. Many of them offer simpler lines and shapes that you can do easily with a pan or two and some basic cutting and stacking. A few of them are more advanced, particularly on icing/piping skills. There's a particularly cute "fluffly sheep" that's covered in marshmallows. Some of the simpler designs include train cars, a tractor, a firetruck, a hot air balloon, and a sweet & chocolatly bear face. My favorite? The marmalade cat. How cute is this little kitty? Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...