Friday, February 3, 2012

DIY Burlap Door Hanger

I have recently developed an affinity for front door decorating - though I've really never liked wreaths. That's possibly attributable to working at Michael's in college and selling a million of the circular stick variety and seeing soooo many old ladies purchase ones with the broken faux flowers we swept up at night glued on.

When door hangers came out, I thought, "now there is something I'd buy." And then I actually went and priced them and got weak in the knees that they were WELL over my "acceptable" price range. 

So my heart door wreath is made of burlap I already owned, red spray paint I already owned, hot glue, and plastic trash bags from Kroger. Seriously?  WOW!  I cut out a heart, sprayed both sides with a few red coats (sprayed the front side the most), hot glued it except for an opening, stuffed it, and voila!  Now, truth be told, if you get really, really close to it, you can see the difference between mine and one from Hallmark.  Theirs tend to be super saturated in colors, however, I think that is just how many coats of paint you use.  But $50 is still in my pocket and that is all there is to say about that!

Next on the door decorating list: cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...