Monday, August 23, 2010

Montessori Monday

I've been reading some about Montessori methods and have an interest in some of the activities for young kids. I have found that a day with a 2 year old with no "special" activities can be a long day. Fortunately, "special" is a pretty flexible term when you're two, and that could mean a zoo trip or a special kitchen table activity. I have been so inspired by Counting Coconuts, and I am working to expand on my Montessori knowledge.

One thing I like about Montessori activities is they tend to be practical and easy to execute. When I see the activities in books I always think, "oh, yeah - that would be a good thing to try!" Our first (intentional) activity was rice pouring. It is no surprise we had rice all over the kitchen by the end of it, however, we did start out nice and tidy.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...