Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer Memories

I love the idea of making shadow boxes or memory boxes, but I've never made one. Why? This year we went on our 1st family beach vacation (my husband's first time on a Florida beach and our son's first time to see the ocean), so I think I found the perfect event to commemorate.

If you need inspiration for this type of craft, check out this site. An amazing and inspiring collection by artist Darcy Miller (editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings.) I love the phrase "scrapbox." Yes, exactly!

In my little vacation scrapbox, I used the actual map we used to drive down there, as well as some ocean water and sand I collected while there. The only shadow boxes I could find at the time were black, so I spray painted this one white. Looking at it brings lots of wonderful memories & Calvin loves seeing "his shells."

I'd like to go back a bit after this project and "scrapbox" Calvin's birth. I love the box Darcy Miller has on her site with the tiny cap, the ultrasound photo, and the 1st birth photo. It would be wonderful to have a wall of boxes in your house with day-to-day & special events marked with the sweet memories that make them up.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...